The girl who blogs.....

The girl who blogs.....
Oct 13, 2014

In The Mood For Love

Posted by Quintessence Of Illusion



I rant away,
Under the monsoon peck,
Halogens burning,
To illuminate our wreck,
I clap a sudden
Whisper to camouflage,
So I keep my crisis
Under careful check.

Good dust and bad dust grab our feet
We trip, we sway, you lean on me
I clasp your neck, I drag you down
We complete the cycle, round and round…

I hum away,
Your eyes cluster mine,
Ants traipsing
From around and behind,
I forsake a tryst
With our perfect kiss,
I hide my fury
With this perfect night.

I know I remember the hail cutting the air,
Heaven bestowed, and clinging to your hair;
I clasp your neck, drag you down
We complete the cycle, round and round…

I freeze away,
My limbs, my nose gone numb,
Melancholy melting
In the sweetness of being mum,
A twist in the tale
If I die under your wide-eyed gaze,
So I keep my vanities
Inside the last, missed tram...

I can wake again, if you touch my temple,
And raise me from my death rubble,
Because
I shall remember
Only the living strains of this singing fall,
Because
The good happens more
Often than the not…


When I clasp your neck, drag you down
We complete the cycle, round and round.


2 comments:

CRD said...

Simply superb!

Unless I misunderstood the context, assuming this is written from the point of view of the female, the man is more likely to fall asleep after the first couple of cycles. So its gonna be him who's gonna need the waking up :p

Cheers
CRD

Soumi said...

It's so good to see you writing! And the melancholy in this one just filled me up! I love you, you know that, right?