The girl who blogs.....

The girl who blogs.....
Mar 11, 2009

Dead Letters

Posted by Quintessence Of Illusion


Why the evening bell of the ferry brings
To my memory this lilting ring?
No sound on earth seems to deem
More destined for only me…

I hope to be the only one to hear,
To own the secret of the boat.
Solitude stands between me and the river,
In the woods of the half road.

And I am also the only one to know of
The reason I came with you along…
The only one shall vanish into the river
With all you ever gave her.

Will you ever forgive…
For deserting you so anonymously?
Will you burn if I asked you
To do it alone for me?

Will you ever forgive
My desertion today?
Will you sacrifice
More of your scarlet ink
To allay my old chains…?

How do you forgive?
Every single day, I ask of you… this?

2 comments:

NesQuarX said...

Interesting... Nice.

Navin Agarwal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.